The term 'Oscar’s Home IT' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is in Poole, Dorset, BH15 1RG. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Call us on 01202 985358 for all enquiries.
Terms & Conditions for Oscar’s Home IT.
By contacting Oscar’s Home IT, you are agreeing to the IT service terms & conditions outlined below.
- Upon contacting us verbally or electronically i.e. email, telephone, messenger or text, we will first speak with you briefly to best understand your requirements before commencing with any work or payment. We reserve the right not to begin any troubleshooting or resolution of any problems before we have received the minimum charge, as outlined below.
- A minimum charge of £30.00 per half hour applies to all jobs accepted and attended, whether remotely or on-site and whether repairs are completed or not. We will always aim to diagnose the problem and recommend a solution at the very least if we cannot fix.
- On-site visits are 1 hour for £55.00. Any agreed extra time will be charged at £30.00 per half hour, or £55.00 per hour.
- On-site visits are within 10 miles of BH15 1RG.
- Any remote appointment or call out service reneged upon by the customer without clear notice will render the job deposit as non-refundable. (cancellation notice must be given by direct contact i.e. telephone, or email and cancellation must be made at least 4 working hours before the agreed appointment time).
- Any work scheduled or conducted outside the standard opening hours of 08:00 am to 08:00 pm Monday to Friday shall be considered out of hours and will incur a minimum charge of £80.00 per hour. This includes weekends and bank holidays.
- Proof of ownership may be required, if sensitive information is accessed or backups made.
- All clients are advised to make a backup of the computer before any work has commenced.
- Payment must be made within 7 days of job completion or at the point of return of equipment. We reserve the right to claim statutory interest (at 5 per cent over the current Bank of England base rate) and compensation for recovery costs under late payment legislation if money owed is not received by the agreed date and under the agreed terms.
- We reserve the right to withhold equipment if you fail to pay for work carried out, or any parts sourced.
- All repairs are covered by our 7 day guarantee. If the same fault re-occurs within this period we will re-investigate the problem, crediting any previous labour charged towards the cost. Where the re-investigation charges exceed previous charges, we reserve the right to invoice the difference.
- All parts supplied are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty only.
- We do not accept any liability for data or software lost, corrupted, deleted or altered during the repair process; we therefore recommend that any data is adequately backed up by you prior to us commencing work on your equipment. All personal data must be backed-up by the client before any work commences.
- We reserve the right to refuse software installation we suspect to be illegal, counterfeit or incorrectly licensed. We will be unable to install licensed software without a valid licence key. Your data may be copied and stored on our backup devices at times, and we reserve the right to contact relevant authorities should illegal files or activity be identified on your equipment.
- Phone calls and conversations may be recorded for training, legal or confirmation purposes.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice and do not affect your statutory rights.
Call us on 01202 985358 for all enquiries.